Preparing for Brexit
We do understand that continued uncertainty around the end of the Brexit transition period may have raised questions and concerns for your business. We would like to reassure you that we have been preparing for the potential implications that may transpire as a result of this for some time now, and the actions as you can see below have already been put in place in order to ensure that through this transition period your business will continue to run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Below are some of the actions that we have already taken to protect your product supply:
- We have increased our general stock holding by +40% which is now in excess of £4million to accommodate additional demand.
- Our £12million investment programme of acquiring and refurbishing purpose-built distribution centres is complete and brings our total warehousing space to 220,000 sq ft across 4 sites within the UK & Ireland.
- We have outstanding relationships with our trusted UK and European suppliers and are planning, purchasing, and forecasting ahead and well above our usual requirements.
- We have reviewed our supplier base, introducing new sources of supply to improve resilience in our supply chain.
- By working together we aim to minimise disruption to the supply of our products to our Customers, and we see that communication is key here, therefore we are currently requesting and recommending that Customers place forward orders to ensure that we are “both” well prepared from a service and supply aspect.
- We have well established relationships with experienced customs agents ready to confidently manage our import and export requirements.
We understand that this is a time of uncertainty for many businesses and we are working closely with our Customers to provide confidence and to mitigate their concerns.